Monday, April 6, 2015

My Social Media Confession

My dad always told me that I made things more difficult than they had to be.  He was right and once more I can see that.

I currently do not have a opt-in page to create the email list that I should have created from day one for Georgianna Hardware and I do not have a "Lead Page".  I dislike email and sales lead pages so much that I do not want to share misery like that with anyone that follows GHC.  

Email is a problem for me because I like to read and I 
have opted in to receive so many emails that it is not
unusual for me to receive over 400 emails every day.

Dad was absolutely right.  I make it all more difficult because I am stubborn. 

I am not suggesting that you do not have email opt-ins, nor am I suggesting that you do not have a sales lead page.  When these things are set up properly they are wonderful assets!  

I would appreciate it if you would recommend my blog through the G+ button at the upper left or use one of the buttons at the left to be notified of new posts or just connect with GHC through Google. 
It almost seems too simple.  I started GHC four years ago believing that social media would work to the advantage of business and in this case, I believe I was right.  Dad would be proud but I still don't want to pester everyone with emails.  That's what I do!  I opt-in so my social contacts don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment