Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Comparison of Strong Words to Soft Words

I have been attending a few classes and I noticed that the instructors have a desire for me to have a presence. I like to have control and give others control, not sit around and wait to see what emerges. The instructor starts using the soft words and my immediate thought is that I care about authoring the facts so that others can achieve their objective but these people are telling me that I should be a character with feelings. I want the facts that I inform you of to be useful whereas they want me to share feelings that will inspire you to have desire.

The instructors are right. There is no commitment so there is no certainty and they will not be wrong. I want to hear that something or someone will and the instructor tells me it should. Below is a list of words I compiled.
                                                Strong              Soft
control             emerge
care               enable
author           character
facts               feelings
distance         presence
objective          immersive
inform                inspire
useful              desirable
normal              absurd

The problem is my word list came from medical training and they are words that we can use to help the patient during their recovery. I wonder why we are all being treated as if we are patients? I'm not a patient. I feel normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment