Friday, April 17, 2015

Having Mixed Feelings

Once again I fed the stray cat, Kitty.  It has almost become routine and I haven't had to look too hard to have a sighting.  All in all having Kitty around has been a fun experience until tonight.

Tonight, Kitty came to the window and started the usual ruckus with my cat and dog.  I'm getting much better at getting things settled so it wasn't a big deal.  I went out onto the porch to check the food that was available but gosh, it was windy and I could tell the weather was taking a turn for the worse.  I came back inside and consulted with the family.  

I explained the situation.  It was only 54F, the wind was blowing and it felt like rain. They gave me the look. You're familiar with it, aren't you?  Okay, stop laughing at me.  I went and got a box and a spare blanket and took it out onto the porch.  

I placed the blanket in the box, moved the food closer to the box and turned around to pick Kitty up to show her the special little Kitty shelter I had created.  I got her in my arms, hugged her and as I went to gently place her into the warm, snugly bed she jumped out of my arms and raced across the porch!  Complete and absolute rejection. I came back in the house.
I went back outside to see what may have happened but there was no Kitty.  Evidence of her returning can be seen in the photo above because there is a wet paw print close to the dish of food.  

I am not sure why there is only one wet paw print.  I guess she ran into a puddle somewhere in the frantic rush to escape her capture.  Now as I write my cat is sleeping in the chair, my dog is resting on the sofa and I'm wondering where the heck Kitty will bed down tonight.  

Please provide a good home to your pets and if your pet needs to be spayed or neutered there are low cost clinics available nationwide.  You can find one through FixIt-Foundation.org.    

No comments:

Post a Comment