Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Caught In The Act

You really didn't expect me to ignore the stray cat today, did you?

I was still feeling under the weather today but decided to check up on the cat.  I went out the front door to the porch, looked to the left and to the right, no cat.  I walked to the right side of the porch but no cat.  I walked to the opposite side of the porch and checked on my plants, no cat.

I had already decided that this "porch cat" needed to eat more so I had taken a cup of dry food with me just in case but there was no cat!  Strays come and go.  This isn't the first that has shown up at my house.  I have fond memories of many so my feelings weren't hurt.  I noticed the little bowl that had been left outside yesterday, deftly dumped the cup of food in and came back in the house.

As I closed the door my cat lunged toward the window.  The stray was already on the porch!
As you can see from the photo above, my cat was not happy.  He fussed and whined while the dog carried on so I reassured them both of my love for them with bacon.  It's amazing how bacon can defuse a combative situation!  
Kitty did not get bacon but she did seem to be pleased to have scored on a free, effortless meal.  I can only hope that ham will have the same results tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment