Friday, October 5, 2012

We're Concerned About Jobs

     We're concerned about jobs.  We've heard about the taxes, but without a job we cannot be taxed.  We can't even go to the mall and spend money on things that are taxed at the local level.  This whole situation is obviously a big mess.

     There are other things to be considered too.  What are we teaching the next generation?  As for myself, I see an angry younger generation that is trying to understand things that are way above my middle-age ability. Knowing that one of six children are receiving assistance for food provisions, it leaves me wondering how these children are handling this crisis that they experience every day.  With mom or dad not longer working this is added stress to the children too.    

     As adults, our coping skills include humor.  Wonder what the next generation thinks of our laughing about there being a lack of oxygen in Denver?  I'm fairly certain that a five year old child hasn't learned about altitude changes.  I keep hearing about light-hearted comments, but I'm not even sure how much my heart weighs!

     The next time the younger generation tells you that you're clueless, take a moment and think about it.  I agree that we need to pull ourselves up by the boot straps and hang in there through these tough time, but think about how the next generation interprets what they see and hear.

OK, folks.  I'll get step down from my little soap box.  When I heard teens talking earlier, it crossed my mind that they should be talking about cars and dances, not gas prices and political debates.

No comments:

Post a Comment