Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Second Presidential Debate

Another evening of reality television!  This time it was the debate.  I can't say that there was anything that swayed me one way or the other and I admit that I am sitting down to write a blog in place of a diary. 

My first concern about the debate was jobs.  Jobs for Americans that are unemployed, underemployed, graduating from high school, graduating from college, living someplace that they would rather not because their income doesn't fulfill their dreams.  Each candidate has a plan yet we have experienced almost four years of a plan and the results are questionable.  There is still nothing specific.

I am also concerned about the infrastructure.  Not much was said about the infrastructure in America, but it needs improvement.  Improving the infrastructure would add jobs, but we need money to cover the expenses of materials and labor.  The new highway bill, MAP-21, doesn't give a great deal of promise.  Actually, with the provisions for bicycle trails I am concerned about the distance to the grocery store.

Like many others I read the comments my friends posted on facebook.  Healthcare, employment, and defense cuts are mentioned and more than once honesty is questioned.  I wish the candidates would give public schools the credit they deserve.  Americans are well educated and can keep up with current events.  Americans are tough too and we can handle the truth.  Well, maybe not.  My doctor is on the other side of the hill.  I'll need to pedal my bicycle uphill both ways!

Please take a moment to visit Georgianna Hardware Corporation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment