Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring fever

The cat and I have Spring Fever.  We were actually able to get out in the yard today and start preparing the gardens for summer.  (Yes, my Northern friends, winter will end.) 
 
When I came inside I started to think about getting the Blog written and it almost didn't get done at all.  Instead of writing anything I decided to look for some American made toys. A few weeks ago when I was researching American made items I had run across toys from Melissa and Doug.   When I first saw their toys I was not too impressed, but then I started to take note of the prices.  I could find a decent little toy for under ten dollars for a young child.  That's not easy to do any more. 
 
I remember taking my children to the local dollar stores, sometimes the 99 cent store, and somehow the children were always able turn my kindness of giving them a dollar into a twenty dollar loss for me.  It was supposed to be an educational experience ~ and I guess I eventually learned.  Melissa and Doug were just starting up when my children were at the age most of their toys are geared for, but I took a much closer look tonight at their products and I'm pretty sure the cat is going to enjoy his new bughouse.  
 
Read the story of Melissa and Doug at http://www.melissaanddoug.com/about.phtml and visit our toy department at Toy Sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment