Monday, July 14, 2014

It's History. Today, Mining

Pearl Buck is quoted as to saying, 'If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday'.  I couldn't agree more.  History can actual help us understand what is going to happen in the future.  We can't ignore the past.  I believe we should celebrate it.

This evening I was reading Details of Practical Mining, published in 1916 by McGraw Hill Book Company, Inc., edited by Lee O. Kellogg. Mr. Kellogg was a standing member of the American Institute of Mining Engineers.

This is an ebook, an old book that has been scanned. There may be typos and errors. The original book that was published in 1912 was put together from articles that appeared in Engineering and Mining Details.

I hope you enjoy seeing the advancements in mining as much as I did.

and give GHC a like on facebook too!


No comments:

Post a Comment