Friday, March 21, 2014

Success!

As I sit to write this blog I am thrilled because of my success!  I don't mind bragging a little bit about it because if you have been following my story you know that I have been alone in this process for a little while and I doubt it will come as a surprise to you to find that people are very happy to be critical of my attempt to maintain GHC on my own without making changes.

As I write, I still believe the decisions that were made over the years were good and solid.  I had faith in my team and still respect their opinions.  The problem was that when I was left to my own devices I found that I needed to learn a lot.  My team had skills that I didn't have.  I was left with no choice but to learn about whatever void I found in myself.

Recently, I saw an infographic about learning that referred to the learning curve.  It showed the upward curve and a short way up the line was marked that suggested you hit a point of  "I don't know what they heck I'm doing".  I guess that is when we hit a wall and just throw in the towel but this time was different because I refused to do that.    

Tonight, with all of my problems, I found that I had cleared one of the hurdles that was holding me back. When I sat down after doing a victory lap I saw I was left with a pile of junk on my desk.  My coffee cup now has orange juice in it and I'm ready to continue on tomorrow with my little bit of success.  I guess it's not a shocker for me to let you know that I have already been reminded that it's only one of the many more hurdles that I will encounter.

Thank you all for being an inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment