Sunday, February 5, 2012

The American Way

Since starting Georgianna Hardware I have learned a lot.  Rumors fly faster than you can slip on ice.  Recently an associate of mine had somebody ask how much money they make from their internet business.  "35 million dollars," was the answer.  

Wow!  That's a lot of money, but the real answer is a lot less than that.  A lot less.  My associate put in 540 hours working on his web site last month.  That's over thirteen work weeks in the last thirty days. (18 hour days for the last thirty  days, 540 hours divided by a 40 hour week.)  Thank goodness this guy has youth on his side!

The up side of working this business is we do get a behind the scenes view.  I am happy to tell you that all of the things you read and hear about privacy are true.  There is never a name mentioned, never an IP address given.  Sure, there are hackers that somehow intentionally steal information, but companies really do respect your privacy.   Those hackers would get us one way or the other because that is their intent.  

For those of you that think the guy on the internet is on the "Get Rich Quick Train", I ask that you remember their eighteen hour days.  I'm impressed with my associates because I see them work hard at sharing.  It's the American way.

(I couldn't even believe it.  I did the math five times to come up with 13.5 forty hour work weeks.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment