Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Grocery Store Fuel Points

Since I buy groceries and put gas in my car I use the fuel points offered from Kroger.  I usually get at least ten cents off of each gallon of gasoline that I buy.  I have even received thirty cents off!  Today my gas cost $2.14 per gallon.  Anything lower than the posted price helps make my day better but I've noticed a pattern recently.

My husband and son don't get the same satisfaction from using the fuel points as I do so I asked.

Me:  What's the big deal with using the fuel points here?
Son:  It's a huge hassle and doesn't save you that much money.
Me:  Swiping a card is a huge hassle?
Son:  It doesn't always scan properly.
Me:  But you save money.
Son:  It's a hassle.

I guess I was raised in a different time.  A penny saved is a penny earned time.  

Anyway, a friend pointed out to me that I get double fuel points if I purchase a gift card at Kroger.  I took her advice and that's probably how I got thirty cents off of each gallon of gas last month!

So I'm doing what everybody tells me is wrong to do because I won't make a penny by telling you about my experience and that's just too bad for them.  

Buying gift cards at Kroger can be a nice way to save money.  I've never been one to give gift cards as a gift but I've started to buy them when I buy my groceries.  Not for profit organizations are pleased to receive them and I wouldn't mind receiving one from the son this Mother's Day, even though it would probably be a hassle for him.

Note to son:  Gas prices have been a hassle as long as I can remember.
My mom wasn't happy when it hit $1 per gallon just as
 my grandfather wasn't pleased when it was thirty cents!  

No comments:

Post a Comment