Friday, March 13, 2015

Facebook Changes Again

Facebook is giving business users more accurate reports and they chose to do so by eliminating "likes" given by users that are inactive.  This is supposed to improve reports and should give up-to-date insights on the people who follow a business page.

I'm thinking this will only make it easier for facebook to sell their targeted marketing because they will have more specifics as to what users are interested in and you will notice an increase in the cost to advertise.

In the case of Georgianna Hardware Corporation, all businesses that "liked" the GHC page were deleted.  I did not see a decrease in my business page "likes" because businesses that "liked" the page were never reported in the total number of page "likes" visible to visitors but I did notice that my news feed was greatly reduced.

As for correcting this problem it seems only a human can "like" a page.  Mr. Z made some comment about names needing to be connected, not businesses.  I did have the thought of a few of my past rants about accountability but I squashed it like a bug when it turned into a current event issue! Anyway, I haven't found a way around their new policy.

If I find any way we can get around having every business under our personal account I will let you know.  In the mean time, Toyota Lift of Minnesota published The #FBLT Facebook B2B Listing 700+ Strong on February 25, 2012.  It's always a good reference. You are welcome to join the FBLT on Google+ community.  Considering the Google-Twitter partnership made recently your business should be taking a close look at their social networking strategy.  
~Kara Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment