Wednesday, February 4, 2015

ENOUGH OF THE SOFT WORDS

This afternoon it was announced that Royal Jordanian Air Force pilot
Moath al-Kasasbeh was murdered by ISIS. My heart wrenched knowing that just three days ago ISIS had beheaded journalist Kenji Goto of Japan. I feel for the reporters that are telling me of this news and I am frustrated to see the response from the President of The United States.

Moath al-Kasasbeh was one of eight children. He was Muslim, 27 years old and was reported as being a devout Muslim who memorized the Quran. I do not see that anything on this list is reason for murder.

After the announcement of Moath al-Kasasbeh's death the president made a brief comment and once again used the word “ideology”.  We do not use that word in my home. Ideology is not a reason for uncivilized behavior.

So I got to thinking about ideology. Ideology is a principle, a view, an idea, a philosophy. To me it is a soft word that should be used to describe literature and films. My next thought was Marxism. That's not a big deal, it's just a theory but I instantly think of communism. Communism is the implementation of Marxism. To me that's a really big deal!

When my children were toddlers I had rules. No hitting, no pinching, no biting, no kicking, no pulling hair. That was my ideology. NEVER! Not even once did I say to them, “I will not support that ideology.” No. I played judge and jury and removed the violator from the scene. As a parent I took control of the situation at hand. I told them that they needed to be nice and follow the rules. Bad behavior meant there was punishment and I didn't cover up their poor behavior with soft words.

From what I see on television most ISIS members are fairly young. I've noticed they don't like it when somebody says something not nice about them but somebody is the ring leader. They are not supporting a duty to Islam and even though it is not permitted in Jihad, ISIS is harming innocent civilians. It's no shock that they would break the rules but with all of the bureaucratic nonsense and soft words the world is literally letting these young people get away with murder.



No comments:

Post a Comment