Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Health Care Update 3

At Midnight we knew that our government is shut down and most of the problems have come from the argument over the Affordable Care Act. More Americans oppose Obamacare than oppose the Affordable Care Act but the sad part is the Affordable Care Act and Obamacare are one in the same.  It only confirms my thoughts that American citizens are confused and really do not have interest in the nonsense that is going on in Washington.

You can read the final Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act through this link and the good news is it is not sixteen thousand pages like I had been told, but only 906 pages.

I had turned to the news and reports to find answers to my questions and then I turned to the young people that would be living the results of the Affordable Care Act.  Right out of the gate I was met with questions about the cost.  I explained the cost that had been calculated for the average twenty-six year old.  The questions flew at me, "What's considered average?, Is drug or alcohol consumption considered?, How am I to plan for my future without having specifics? How am I to pay fees when I haven't been able to find a job?"

From here the conversation went somewhat as follows:

     Well, you are supposed to sign up and keep in mind that each state is different and your results will be specific to your situation.

     "What am I exchanging and what are they talking about when they say subsidies?"

     Check the healthcare.gov web site and you can learn more about it.

     "What are my options and what is the Marketplace?"

     I told you that it will be specific to your situation.  Did you know the government is officially shut down?

     "Yep, thousands of people are going to be out of a job but why was the national budget and Obamacare
     on the same bill?"

What a frustrating time for citizens of all ages.  It seems that the only people that have gained anything are reporters and even they have said that they will be reporting on a lot of national parks.  So far, I've seen a lot of zoo reports but Capitol Hill will be quiet until the morning.  

       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment