Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The War on Coal

I tuned in to the news tonight so I could hear what the president had announced at Georgetown University today and I caught that he had made his decisive environmental policies.

The news report fell on deaf ears because the statement was clouded by hearing that this decision was, “for the sake of our children and the health and safety of all Americans”.

I am tired of the president of the United States including my children in every powerful message he needs to make. My children have always been resilient and they speak their minds but I dare say they might see through the smoke and mirrors and suggest that if he feels this is the right decision for our country he should stand up at the podium and accept responsibility for his decisions.

Questions rush through my mind. What employment options are available to people that will find themselves out of work? What resources do we have available to replace the power that we will be losing because of the “war on coal”? What are we going to replace the $16 billion of exported coal with? When will we be able to see the cost-benefit analysis of the plan? Is coal really combative?

My questions are unanswered but I urge you to let the “war on coal” be your reason to contact your representatives and ask your own questions. http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment