Monday, July 1, 2013

I'm Taking Over For The Day!

My name is Maria Calderara. I have worked behind the scenes at GHC since 2011. I generally handle accounting but today I decided to take over the blog. My rant follows, please share if you agree!

This past weekend I went shopping for a pair of shorts. After choosing a few pairs that I thought would fit I ended up trying them all on and putting them all back because not a single pair fit. Mind you, I tried all sizes ten to sixteen. The size nor the brand mattered.

I couldn't help but to notice a woman that was wearing a men's handkerchief that had been sewn into shorts. No man's handkerchief is going to go around my hips! I'm Italian and we Italian girls have hips. There's no reason to wait to see what happens after I have a baby because everyone can see how I'm built and everything will probably just be more pronounced than it is now.

I appeal to designers. We're in America and ethnic diversity is here to stay. Though “Vanity Sizing” has been around for many years, it seems that designers have expectations that are not real. I guess they think that the size zero female population has enough money to buy all of those clearance items. It's obvious that many American women have hips and thighs that are strong. When I started looking for help to find a brand that may fit me but I only found suggestions to have my clothes tailor made. If I use Heidi Klum as my representative, even she won't be able to find clothes that fit properly.


Designers, what percentage of the female population do you consider your demographic? We average size women need you to tell us where we can buy our clothes off the rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment