Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sad News From Iron Gait Percherons Draft Horse Rescue

My last blog told of the wonderful experience we had at the Iron Gait Percherons Draft Horse Rescue's open house.  It's hard to believe that I am passing along the sad news that Iron Gait Percherons announced through their facebook page this past Friday as follows:

I am so very sorry to announce to you...At 12:53pm yesterday afternoon we had to euthanize our dearly beloved Randolph. His heart rate was 80 bpm, we suspected strangulating colic that was causing him unbelievable pain. Even after given pain medication, the meds. did not help him at all. He did not have much time left and would had never survived the trailer ride to UGA. It was the only thing I can do to help him and to stop his pain. I could not bare to see him in so much pain it was heart breaking.

He is now buried beside our Valerie and they can spend eternity running through green pastures together.
Rest In Peace my dear boy...
We all loved you very much and I will see you again when it is my time to leave this earth.

It's strange that some of the horses at Iron Gait Percherons made a big impression on us, and Randolph was one of those horses.  We are sure that he had the best care possible at Iron Gait and we extend our sympathies to everyone within their organization.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment