Thursday, January 15, 2015

Net Neutrality

Tonight when I went to surf the net I found an interesting article about net neutrality which is the concept that all service providers and governments should treat all data equally by not discriminating or charging by user.  This is a term that was first used by Tim Wu of Columbia University.  Initially I thought it played right into my complaint about the net but I was not that lucky.

I like the idea of net neutrality.  I especially like my freedoms of speech and the press.  This blog only serves as example.

Net neutrality wasn't my complaint but the use of offensive language on the internet is.  I have been taking an online marketing class and the other students just don't seem to have much self control over their inappropriate language.  In marketing I have not plans to kick anybody's %$s. Yes, I want to acquire followers that visit my web site but I did not give the site an offensive name to get people's attention.

It's really just that my mother taught me to be polite and I do not believe that she was wrong. Actually, my children tend to agree.  Not as if they wouldn't say sh*t if they had a a mouth full but they believe there is a time and a place and a person should have self control.  I will surely hear about it but if you should be in the room they might keep that to themselves until later!

I have decided that though I do not agree with the younger crowd I will continue with the marketing class and ignore the foul language.  Hopefully I will learn something more than how to turn the air blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment