Thursday, January 9, 2014

Recovering From the Holidays

Well, Christmas 2013 is over and this year will be remembered as the year that the American government taught business that they should “do the right thing”.

It's a wonder. I am of the belief that Amazon got hit hard when the president compared his health plan to their online shop. I would be interested to see the figures of online activity after Amazon's name was mentioned during the press conference. Gosh, Amazon has only been in business for eighteen years and they are a household world! Beat that!

This year I did opt to join Amazon Prime in order to benefit from free shipping. Since I had the membership I seriously thought about ordering something just to see if it showed at my doorstep on Christmas Eve but I didn't have the heart. I knew that Amazon and UPS had been working because they had already completed two orders that I had placed late in the season. It's not easy to work double time and then be expected to show at family gatherings with a smile on your face.

There was an announcement from UPS one December 16 that they were backlogged due to inclement weather and within a day or two I saw the local UPS trucks with trailers attached to them.  Guess that news didn't get spread around.

There are 349 days left until Christmas and orders placed today are expected to be delivered in time.  

In the mean time, I am recovering from the holidays.  Today I found my grocery list for my official holiday shopping trip.  It's hard to believe that my family shared over eighty pounds of baked goods!  Guess it's no wonder why I'm taking a while to recover.   

No comments:

Post a Comment