Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Impacts of Sequestration

I can't tell you of all of the impacts that will result because of the current sequestration, but I can tell you that it is not over.  We may notice something in the end of September but it appears that our public officials are not concerned about how citizens of American have been affected.

The Washington Post created a nice state by state list of impacts that has a breakdown by category.  I commend them for compiling the information so that it can be shared nationally.  The information I have linked here may not be the most current, but it sure gives you something to think about!

I urge you to review the information released by the Bipartisan Policy Center (or the BPC as they prefer to refer to themselves) and see what they predict for America's future.  I do not like that the word "assume" is used more than once in the report.  I may just tell bill collectors that, "I assume I can pay"!

I also urge you to contact your elected officials.  Let them know that while they were on vacation you noticed that they were not doing the job you elected them to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment