Monday, August 19, 2013

Help Save The Horses

I suppose there are people that do not care for horses but I am not one of them.  I do not own a horse and I have only recently learned to say that I have not had the best experiences with horses and yet, they are still able to capture my attention. Because of this, when Iron Gait Percherons Rescue had another open house you can bet your bottom dollar that I went to visit the horses that Iron Gait has rescued.

I'm thrilled to report to you that the horses are doing well.  Maybe there was excitement in the air because Eddie Rigney was visiting to perform a jousting demonstration or perhaps it was because the weather was cooler but the horses were all curious to see their visitors and they seemed pleased to welcome everyone into their home.  I am certain that their behavior is heavily influenced by the rescue's Founder and President, Denise Polydor.

Iron Gait is a nonprofit organization and I would like to ask you to take a minute out of your day to read Denise's story about Noah on facebook.  At the end of the story, there is an option to vote.  It's not difficult but facebook does ask to share your information on this one and it will probably mean that you will get farm ads instead of insurance ads for the next few weeks.  I encourage you to vote for Noah and Iron Gait so that they may possibly be the recipient of a grant from Tractor Supply Co.

I hope Denise does not get upset with me for mentioning her name.  She surely deserves credit for saving these beautiful animals, but she won't like my taking attention away from the horses.

1 comment: