Friday, March 9, 2012

Test of Time

Back in 1887 a Shaker elder wrote, "The clock is an emblem of a Shaker Community because everything goes on time."  Wise words. 

Tonight I attempted to fix a chain driven clock that my grandfather built over thirty years ago.  I didn't get the clock fixed, but it sure got me thinking.  I know that my grandfather bought a kit and assembled this clock.  I'm sure it arrived at his home in more than one box.  I know he spent hours working to identify the parts and even more hours completing the project.  He created an heirloom that is still impressive.  He had integrity and knew that intergrity would stand the test of time. 

Everything goes on time, but not everything passes the test of time.  I put a few clock kits on Georgianna Hardware if you're interested in creating an heirloom for your family.       

No comments:

Post a Comment