Sunday, August 3, 2014

Resume Help Update

This will not apply to you if you have followed GHC from the beginning.  If you're new, this blog is for you!

Yesterday the GHC web page was updated with resume help for new job seekers.  This page was established because we heard a number of complaints about the job market and the availability of jobs.  Yes, it is a difficult time to find a job but there is no reason to get discouraged because the jobs are out there!

This page was not directed toward millennials, in fact I specifically left that out because I think the term is somewhat degrading.  (Millennials are listed as ages 18-33.)  Big deal.  I'm classified as a Baby Boomer but I'm on the cusp and since I scored as 65% a Millennial I thought you might like to know that I am more on your side than not!  You can take the How Millennial Are You quiz from Pew Research and find out how millennial you are.

The page was posted to help others and simplify things as much as possible.  All of the information provided is free of charge.  Ads do appear on the page but you can ignore them.  I am in no way trying to get anybody to spend money through the resume pages on the site.  If anything, seeing as your needing to create a cash flow, I don't expect you to spend money through the site.  I teach and preach, "Zero in, zero out".

Age really doesn't matter.  I know there are a lot of people out there that are having a difficult time.  The reasons don't matter to me because everybody has a story.  What matters to me is that if you're looking for a job you can get out there and be included in that new job figure that will be released next month.

Happy job hunting!
~Kara

P.S.  I thought it was funny that an ad appeared for the top interview mistakes right after my little rhyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment