Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Messy Desk


Once again, I received an email telling me how to tame my messy desk. It's almost as if the sender had worked with me or is looking over my shoulder! Kind of creepy to me and you can bet I'll be checking under my bed tonight.

As an individual that has stacks of papers everywhere I side with those that claim this is a sign of pure genius. I'm sure you'll agree it's no wonder that few people recognize the symptom of such an uncommon disorder. There are no medications available to correct genius so we that are afflicted by it must suffer.

Anyway, the advice I received today told me to sort my stacks of papers into three labeled stacks; keep, toss, move. I heard my brain's door slam closed. Obviously, I kept it and now I'm moving it. Boom! Two thirds of the job done. I can do this! It's will just take a few minutes!

I suddenly realize that there is help available to those, such as myself, that suffer from this terrible affliction. The final third and the job is done. I straighten the stack of papers knowing that everything that remains is of importance. To the author of the messy desk article: I know you're new to this, but it's redundant to have a stack labeled “toss” since we've been using trash receptacles for years and that paper never would have made it into my stack of papers in the first place if it were trash.

Taming the messy desk is something that you can just forget about. I'm not even sure if the mail has arrived yet but I'm sure there is something that will hang around longer than I desire it to do so. We can read everything ever written but until we take a minute to clear some of that junk off and throw some of it away, we're stuck with the mess. It's simple. What works for me may not be what works for you. If the stacks of stuff are bothering you, do something about it. It will make you feel better.



No comments:

Post a Comment