Saturday, July 25, 2015

Web Site Update, #Veterans' Pages

I keep over scheduling my days.  It's so bad that while I was outside with the dog today I heard the cat and realized I had left the window open.  Since he was staring at me I started to tell Cat Prince about what I had already accomplished before noon and what I needed to do before 5pm so I be on time for my 7pm appointment.  I told him that I should encourage Anna Dog along.  Prince replied, "Nooooooow!" So I'm taking his advice again and sharing this now.

I have added to the veteran pages of GHC.  I've tried to provide resources that I have screened and feel comfortable sharing without sending anybody down the wrong road.  As always, I encourage you to visit Semper Fi Fund.  I find that the positive attitude of the organization is contagious.

The positive, no BS attitude is something that I prefer.  Elting Morison wrote in Men, Machines and Modern Times that a desk and a telephone created a bureaucracy.  How true!  I guess it depends on who picks up the phone.

Anyway, GHC is moving into having four pages that provide information for veterans, VeteransVeterans' LinksVeterans' Links Page 2 and Resume Help For New Job Seekers. Yes, New Job Seekers.  Maybe the page name isn't perfect but you want a new job and nobody offered a better name for it!


My newest discovery is this 2 minute video of one of Rocky Bleier's motivational speeches.  He was a hero in my home when I was a child.  All these years later and he still is. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment